Friday, April 14, 2006

Public transport conversation

Some reasons for investment in our public transport system:


1. After a Mayo - Dublin gaelic football match at parnell park, we all headed to the bus stop to catch the bus into town. There was a large crowd waiting at the bus stop. The bus pulled up, and there seemed to be a lot of empty seats upstairs, but people getting on the bus just crowded around the driver and the bottom of the stairs. The driver yelled, "I'm not taking any more passengers!" and the bus pulled away. A Dub behind me said "bleedin cultcies, they don't even know there is an upstairs on the buses!"


2. On the bus this morning, a very irate old lady was telling her friend that her sister was staying with her for a few weeks after she had an operation......

Old Lady : "jaysus, I'm like her bleedin' maid, doin' everythin' for her"

Friend : "She sounds like she's treatin ya like an escaped goat"


3. I was getting off the bus one day and I thanked the bus driver as he was letting me off and he replies, "It's alright, I was going this way anyway".
Cheeky b**tard.

4.
I was on the LUAS listening to two young ones talking about their dogs.

'Me dog is a jack russel and he's a little f****r! He bit me on da bleedin' finger once! I wish i had a bleedin' nice dog.'

Her friend replied,

'Do ya know what dog is lovely? That one outta the bleedin' paint add. Eh...what's that dog called...oh yeah...the Durex dog!'

5.
On a bus two teenage girls, one Dub and one American, are observing a boy skate-boarding along.

American Girl: "...we call them side-walks, what do you call them?"
Dub Girl: "Paths"

"...we call them skaters, what do you call them?"
"Feckin Gobshites"

www.overheardindublin.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home